Welcome to this month’s Warehouse Veteran Charity Spotlight featuring: Southeastern Guide Dogs – Paws for Patriots™! Check in each month as we highlight the veteran-related charitable organizations we proudly support.
100% of Warehouse Veteran proceeds are pledged to support our veterans and their families. Help give back and further your education by grabbing your copy of Warehouse Veteran: Your Tactical Guide To Industrial Real Estate today on Amazon Prime!
Charity Spotlight: Southeastern Guide Dogs -Paws for Patriots™
Mission: To create and nurture a partnership between a visually impaired individual and a guide dog, facilitating life’s journey with mobility, independence, and dignity.
Named as Tampa Bay Business Journal’s 2014 Nonprofit of the Year, Southeastern Guide Dogs is internationally accredited, and Charity Navigator’s highest rated guide dog school in the United States. Founded in 1982, the organization employs the latest in canine development and behavior research to create and nurture partnerships between visually impaired individuals and extraordinary guide dogs. Southeastern Guide Dogs serves more than 400 graduates across the U.S. and continues to place more than 100 dogs each year into careers benefiting people with visual impairments, and veterans. The charity provides all of its services free of charge and receives no government funding.
Why we chose Southeastern Guide Dogs Paws for Patriots™:
As a former Army veteran, author John B. Jackson has seen first hand the impact that guide dogs can have in the lives of veterans dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder and other combat-related injuries. In an interview with John, he described this organization as, “simply life-changing” and said that his organization provides our active duty soldiers and retired servicemen and women with the respect and dignity they deserve.
Charity Fast Facts:
- Southeastern Guide Dogs, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- The school has provided guide dogs to people with visual impairments since 1982.
- We also provide service dogs for veterans with PTSD and facility therapy dogs that live with staff members and provide comfort at military healthcare facilities.
- Number of active guide dog partnerships: over 450.
- Number of guide dog teams since inception: nearly 3,000.
- Southeastern Guide Dogs is accredited by Assistance Dogs International (ADI) and the International Guide Dog Federation (IGDF) in Reading, England and is a member of the Council of U.S. Dog Guide Schools.
You can learn more about the work of Southeastern Guide Dogs at their website. You can also keep up with the great work of the organization on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook & Youtube.
Grab your copy of Warehouse Veteran on Amazon!